Cosmetic surgeries of breasts can generally be classified into 4 groups as follows:
1- Hardening and up-lifting the breasts or mastopeksy
2- Enlargement or prosthesis implantation.
3- Size reduction or mammoplasty.
4- Reparative procedures after breast cancer surgeries.
With Mamoplasty being one of the most common of such operations.
Some ladies suffer from over-sized breasts and have problems choosing and wearing their favorite clothes. On the other hand they complain from shoulder pains or backaches and also face difficulties in doing their daily routine and sports activities so mammoplasty or size-reduction surgery is performed to solve this problem.
Breast surgery is called Mamoplasty which consists of 3 incisions: An incision around the coronal section, a vertical incision which is stretched from the lower edge of the coronal section to the wrinkle under the breast and the 3rd incision is placed on the lower curvature of the breast. After performing this surgery and removal of excess tissue the tip and the coronal section are uplifted. The size of the corona can be reduced too. In this procedure the skin, fat and excess tissues are removed. Mammoplasty cures a lot of other breast problems so other than a cosmetic surgery it can be considered as a therapeutic surgery too.
The main goal of mammoplasty is to reduce the size of breasts by removing of fats and excess tissues with appropriate incisions. This operation is done under general anesthetics.
Mamoplasty Post-operative advises:
- The sensation of pain is normal up to 3 days after the operation and could be reduced by the painkillers prescribed by the surgeon. The pain is going to gradually subside after 3 days.
- Notice to keep your head higher than your body while sleeping to prevent pain and swelling.
- Avoid doing heavy work for 6 weeks after the operation.
- Vitamin C and omega aid in wound healing.
- Visit your surgeon for re-examination of the operation wound.
- Seriously avoid the consumption of alcohol or tobacco 2 weeks prior and after the operation.
This surgery is indicated for the following people:
- People with large breasts that doesn’t match their body structure.
- Those who suffer from neck and shoulder pain due to their heavy breasts.
- Patients with dissymmetric breasts (one is larger than the other).
- Those who have infection and inflammation of breasts.
- Those who have a big wrinkle under their breasts
- Those who face restriction doing sports activities due to their over-sized breasts.
- Those who have darkening or discoloration of the breasts or left with a bra print on their breasts.
There are no age limits to this operation but it is best performed after breasts have reached their complete growth.